[DML] Re: Seeking DeLorean $10,000 range

[DML] Re: Seeking DeLorean $10,000 range

I've been watching these posts and I couldn't keep quiet.  I don't think anyone is calling you a liar Private (Since I don't have your name and you intend to enlist in the military).  I can understand that you want a D, I mean who doesn't.  But, this is not the way to go about it.  I would recommend finishing BMT and Tech School before you plunge into any type of financial obligation of this magnitude.  Your $5.50 an hour job, while commendable is not going to be enough to sustain a $10,000 loan.  I have a degree in finance and a degree in accounting, not to mention an MBA.  I also collect exotic cars and motorcycles on a military salary.  I hope you see how I am able to stretch my earned dollar.  You're only going to be digging yourself into a financial hole that you will hate.  I do not allow any of my troops to enter into credit obligations until they have saved at least 30% down and have finished all their required training.  You are not going to have any time at BMT to
 even think about a car and especially Tech School.  You also will not be able to leave base, let alone drive for anywhere from 6 to 20 weeks.  When you have finally finished all your training and have a good secure job, then you can go to a bank like Wells Fargo.  They will grant credit to anybody the first time around.  As long as you have a good secure job.  That's how I got my D when I was 21.  But, the difference is I was a newly commissioned Officer in the military, making good money and I could afford the $300 or so a month car payment, and the numerous amounts of $ for upkeep.  Don't take everyones postings as attacks on you, we don't even know you.  You have a wealth of information to draw from in this group.  Our team is one of the best teams on the net who love this marque.  I cannot mention how grateful I am to the members of our DeLorean Team.  They have saved my butt more times then I can say.  Patience is a virtue Private.  Take it from me that waiting to set
 yourself up financially and not entering into an obligation you are not ready for is a mistake.  Also, purchasing a D that is going to require a lot of resoration while haveing a car payment is not the way to go.  This is just my advice and you can take it or leave it.  If you're going to be a member of the U.S. Military, the most feared Military in the world, you must learn patience and self discipline.  Do what's right and your DeLorean experience will be worth it.  That is all.
  Shane B. Clarke, CAPT, USAF
  "Sharke"
  Space and Missile Warning Officer

<*> Your email settings: