Re: [DML] Re: Delorean vs Volvo Fuel Distributor

Re: [DML] Re: Delorean vs Volvo Fuel Distributor

David is right about the fuel distributor being unique to the car. Looking in the Bosch catalog the only car listed for the FD46X  fuel distributor is the DeLorean. Volvo and Porsche among others used a very similar fuel distributor. The differences can be, as David pointed out, the size of the slots and/or the plunger dimension in regard to a given air paddle adjustment. Another possible difference could simply be the adjustment of the primary pressure valve. Those differences could be to gain horsepower or meet emission requirements. A fuel distributor from a Volvo or Porsche could either improve power or reduce it. I've looked for a breakdown in these differences for a long time but to date all I've found from Bosch is a catalog with various vehicle part number lists. I doubt there is any published breakdown of these particular specs. With the price of fuel distributors as high as they are it's a bit pricey to experiment buying and swapping parts. I think Martin Gutkowski, with his experience in swapping B28E Euro spec parts with the original DeLorean fuel and ignition components, may be able to offer some advice.

 Bruce Benson

  It is much more complicated than that. The plunger is very precisely
  machined with slots and they are very application specific. The
  Injectors are also very specific to application with a precise opening
  pressure and spray pattern based on the pressure and flow provided by
  the fuel distibuter. Unless you know what you are substituting and
  exactly what is different you are just experimenting. You may get the
  motor to run but not the way it was intended. Bottom line is the
  safest bet is to stay as stock as you can as long as the parts are
  available.
  David Teitelbaum
  vin 10757

  --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087@...> wrote:

  > I was told that the Volvo Metering heads would give a little more
  performance, but this seems wrong after reading the facts you posted.

  >   Thomas

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: