From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Scot Stern
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:21 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Gas Fumes/Smell help!

I have "been there and done that" twice so I feel that I have some
fairly good experience in this arena.  I think that you will find
that if you remove the spare tire and then the cover below it,
providing access to the fuel pump area you will find that one of the
two high pressure fuel hoses is leaking.

If it is, you have two choices if you want to fix it yourself.  You
can order the hoses from the vendors (been there and done that) and
they will provide the correct hoses for a reasonable sum (about $10
each) or you can buy them from any auto parts store.  You have to buy
high pressure fuel injector hose and it is also about the same cost.

The difficulty centers on putting the fittings in end of the hoses.
Consult the search section and you will see various ideas from hair
dryers to boiling water / oil but it is not an easy job to put the
fittings in the ends of the hose.  Other than that, it is simple.

This may not be your problem, but in my case two times it was and I
had the exact same symptoms that you describe.

Good Luck,

Scot Stern
6452

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews