Re: [DML] Gas Fumes/Smell help!

John, Open the trunk remove the cover in the spare tire well, then remove the fuel pump boot. My bet is that you will find gasoline on top of your fuel pump. If so, disconnect your battery and then remove the gasoline using a rubber syringe. The remaining gasoline can be soaked up with a cloth or left to evaporate. I do this with a fan blowing nearby to reduce the chance of a spark igniting gasoline vapors. The fuel return fuel line is likely leaking and needs to be tightened or replaced. Always use extra caution when gasoline vapors are present. Rod  VIN 10921

johntaylorny <johntaylorny@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:          Last night when I parked my 1981 DMC in the garage, my sister said she
smelled gas. I smelled something this morning, not quite gas but
something...couldn't put my finger on it. While driving this afternoon
I definately smelled a gasoline odor. I had to slam on the brakes and
came to a stop from 60mph quickly. The entire passenger compartment
was engulfed in gasoline vapors to the point my eyes started tearing
and my nose opened wide up.

I checked in the engine area and under the car and there is no gas
leak. Floor of garage is dry after car parked all night but I still
can faintly smell gas. Any idea what's going on?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)