[DML] Electrical problem

New DeLorean owner here - enjoying the highs and lows of owning the
car.  I'm not a car guy but I'm learning fast.  I'm not an
electrician either so I'm hoping for some advice on what I'm sure
most owners on this list will see as a relatively simple problem:

While driving the car, the radio (original Craig) suddenly went
off.  From under the power window and defroster switches came some
smoke (a fair amount) for a half minute or so and what smelled like
maybe a burning wire.  Now the radio, power window and defrost
switches and A/C lamps are out.  No other problems with any other
electrical components and the car runs fine.

I can replace the fuse easily enough (although it doesn't look fried
to me) but with my limited knowledge, I'm guessing that's not the
source of the problem but just a symptom.  I did replace the power
window switches a few days ago and they worked fine but maybe that
contributed to this problem in some way?

Before I go in and start mucking around like a spider monker
disassembling a nuclear device, I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks,

John
VIN #10003

<*> Your email settings: