[DML] Re: Nominate JZD to the Automotive Hall of Fame

[DML] Re: Nominate JZD to the Automotive Hall of Fame

Quick questions:

1. Under "Position or Title", what should we write?
2. Under "Industry Catergory", what exactly should we write?
3. Under "Date Retired", what would we consider JZD's actual
"retirement" date?
4. These all say that the date they must be recieved by is November
4th. Will our submissions be invalid now? Or will they simply be
applied to the next inductions?

Begin my rant now....

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean@...> wrote:
<SNIP>
He has been rejected by
> the board of directors because they are afraid of the "controversy" that
> surrounds John and the drug trial. He told them that John did not go
to prison
> and was acquitted on all charges. They basically said if he can
prove it that
> they would consider it. So Ray went out and collected a bunch of
information that
> proves the truth (no thanks to the news media who printed the truth
on the 30th
> or so pages of the paper after the cocaine headlines were front
page... no wonder
> even the board of directors thinks John is still guilty) and gave it
to the board
> of directors to review.
<SNIP>

Wow. I would expect that from someone off the street, but not board
members for something this big.

I mean hey, if you want to talk about people of controversy, what
about Lee Iacocca? I mean hey, there's a man that's respondible for
the deaths of many people when he ignored an internal memo from Ford's
testing grounds stating that the Mustang's drop-in fuel cells were
prone to not only rupturing, but soaking the passenger compartments
with gasoline upon rear-impacts, thus cremating the occupants inside.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/05/17/60II/main47539.shtml

What I absolutely LOVE about that report is Iacocca stating; "If you
really want a real safe one, trade up. After 35 years it's time to
dump that old Mustang." Yet on my copy of H.B. Halicki's "Gone in 60
Seconds, he then turns around and just gushes over the car, wheras he
just distances himself from it in the CBS interview.

Now I could go on forever about this. I'm sure that we could dig up
lots of little skeletons here and there on everyone (including big
ones like Nazi Sympathizer Henry Ford and his "Service Department"),
but I won't. But I do think that it's rather hypocritical of people to
say that JZD isn't qualified to gain such recognition by being
inducted into the hall of fame, simply because of some "controversy"
where he was acquitted by his peers, versus people whom they have
inducted that have far worse "controversy" surrounding them, and who
themselves have commited far more repugnant deeds. Other than these
letters, is there any other way to get in touch with the board to have
one's opinion heard? Not that I want to start a fight, but if JZD was
denied, I think that one of us should speak out to them.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional