[DML] Re: When it rains it poors - "Automatic Transmission Blues"

[DML] Re: When it rains it poors - "Automatic Transmission Blues"

I maybe wrong about this but,

1.  Automatic transmission does not have a clutch if my understanding is correct.  You
mentioned clutch material, is it rubber or metal?  Could it be that your transmission
governor is kaput?  If it's the governor, then it's a $450 fix.

2.  To convert to manual transmission, you would need a different chassis/frame.  Auto
and manual frames are different.

v/r

Steve
VIN#04421, auto trans.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, shane clarke <ltshaneclarke@...> wrote:

> Well team, my transmission started acting up again this week.  When I first by my D 5
years ago the auto transmission filter got clogged with clutch material, which caused the
tranmission to not work at all, leaving me stranded.  I replaced the filter in the tranny and
all has been well these past years.  Well, it happened again, D no go.  I am going to service
the filter again to see if that will remedy the tranny problem atleast for a little while longer.
>   But, I am definately ready to either get a new auto tranny or find a way to convert my
car to a manual tranny.
>   1.  Does anyone have a good auto tranny for sale, including businesses?
>   2.  Does anyone have a recipe for converting my D to a manual transmission car?
>   Thanks again in advance for all the expert advice of our unique group of owners.
>   Shane B. Clarke, CAPT, USAF
>   Space and Missile Warning Officer

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional