[DML] Re: Lowering the front end / New springs

[DML] Re: Lowering the front end / New springs

If it is the trailing arm bolts that you mean you are looking for here
is how you find them:
 Remove the aluminum shields (left and right) that are just in front
of the rear wheels. They are held in place by 3 nuts each, one side is
under the battery and the other inside the "vault" under the carpet.
Follow the trailing arms forward towards the frame. When you get to
the front end of it you will see a bolt. It goes through the trailing
arm into a bushing on the frame. You will also see some "U" shaped
washers. They have to go back EXACTLY as you found them. If the bolts
look bent or loose they should be replaced. A good way to tell if they
are bent is to loosen the nut and rotate the head of the bolt. If the
trailing arm moves up and down the bolt is bent. If you can't turn the
bolt it is probably bent and should, again, be replaced.
 You don't have to replace the front shocks but shocks should always
be replaced in pairs, ie, both front or both rear shocks. If they are
not showing any signs of wetness and are not dented or bent then they
are probably OK but new ones certainly can't hurt after 25 years.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marv Williams <marv2020@...> wrote:

> I'm trying to find out where they go, I'm looking at the shock, but
don't know where they go...I'm going to let some shocks replace it and
align  the wheels, but I need to tell them what they need to do., S

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)