[DML] Re: Early symptoms of a hot start problem?

[DML] Re: Early symptoms of a hot start problem?

I wouldn't start jumping to conclusions yet - it could be as simple
as the last tank of gas you got.

Run a little Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas - it cleans up the fuel
system. Then go around and disconnect/reconnect the electrical
connections in the engine compartment to clean them and assure good
connections, especially on the ignition resistor mounted on the
firewall.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Hawes" <christopherhawes@...>
wrote:

> I have had my car for nearly five years and it has always started
from hot
> or cold on one crank.
>

> I have noticed recently though that if the engine has been run and
I go back
> to start it if you do a crank to start and let go there is now
approximately
> a one second pause and then the engine decides to then start but
the pause
> is long enough to make me wonder if is going to or not.
>

> Is something starting to finally wear and any ideas out there to
what the
> cause could be?
>
>[moderator snip]

<*> Your email settings: