[DML] Re: Lowering the front end / New springs

[DML] Re: Lowering the front end / New springs

You can remove and replace the trailing arm bolts yourself but there
is no way you can measure accuratly the correct # of shims. You won't
save much by replacing the bolts yourself but you will save something.
Put back the shims you do find and drive right to an alignment shop
slowly and carefully. If the shocks are leaking they have to be
replaced. The old ones will give a harder ride but don't expect magic
if you replace them. Tire pressures can have a bigger effect so first
make sure you have the right pressures.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marv Williams <marv2020@...> wrote:

>  Can this job be done by myself?  I thought I needed shocks, but it
seems I only need these Trailing Arm Bolts and realignment? Should
shock replacement take place at the same time?
> David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@...> wrote:          Finding parts in the
driveway is "not a good thing". That "U" shaped

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)