[DML] Re: DCS 2008 Gettysburg ideas need help

[DML] Re: DCS 2008 Gettysburg ideas need help

I think this is a fabulous idea!
It would make the DCS into a Symposium and become a great place to
learn more about the cars and the hobby.

The club sponsorship is a good idea because it would help to make
sure that there was always a minimum attendance for each speaker.
In addition, a speaker may be recruited to speak more than once on a
different topic.Since this show will also involve the Bricklin people
it will be a great opportunity to cross pollinate and educate each
other about our respective automobiles.I see this as a great way to
generate more interest for moth Marquees.

At trade shows these events work out well for the vendors too because
they can anticipate when the rush of people will be coming out of the
lectures and when the quite times are as people are in the lectures.

Again kudos to Tiffany for a great idea, I know that this would make
a great show even better!

Regards,

Michael DeLuca
Vin 3113
NY Lic. DLORIANN

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tiffany Olejnik"
<bck2thefuture88@...> wrote:

> Speaking of club involvement in DCS Gettysburg, I think it would be
a great idea to have
> each club and vendor sponsor a speaker at the show. The Eisenhower
has many
> conference rooms, which would be ideal for multiple tech talks,
product reviews, and
> guest speakers. We could set up a schedule for the day and you
could choose which ones
> you would like to attend. This way, the entire group is not forced
to attend activities they
> do not wish to see and are given multiple options.
>
> We could have speakers like Fred Dellis, Bill Collins, even Jeffrey
Weisman could do his
> improve comedy workshop again. People could even do tech talks on
how to replace a part
> of fix this or that. Vendors could review a new product coming out
or have
> demonstrations.
>
> Each vendor and club could sponsor a speaker of their choice for
the show. If we could get
> enough speakers, we could put together a decent schedule for one
day during the week of
> the show.
>
> Tiffany Olejnik
> Vin#3691