[DML] Re: Like new car braking

I agree. I just had the front pads replaced on my car due to my recent
bearing problems, and I made sure they *specifically* put DOT4 in the
resivoir! Though my car pulls a tad b/c of bad suspension, the brakes
feel great! I'm grateful because one night I was really tired, didn't
see the stupid, archaic side traffic lights in downtown KC and came to
a screeching yet fun, efficient halt. *drinks energy drink, shaking
hands* eegh...work is fun. :) I felt like Marty from BTTF1 in that
scene where he slammed the clutch/brakes on the open road and nobody
was there. Pretty sure I got the nice braided lines too.
-John, VIN#10715
a.k.a. "tired"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...> wrote:

> If the brakes feel "mushy" it could be a bad brake hose. In fact it
> could be all of the brake hoses. They are over 25 years old. Go with
> the braided ones and after you properly bleed the system you will have
> a nice firm pedal. If you don't then you may have a bad master
> cylinder. Silicone brake fluid (DOT 5) will give a mushy pedal. You
> can never get all of the air out. Some is always trapped in the
> silicone. The brake fluid of choice is still Castrol GTLMA DOT 4.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "robert parker" <roberthparker@> wrote:
> >
> >   I have noted a similar situation with my braking system. A bit
> "mushy" as
> > you say. I don't remember it being quite like this when new. I have n

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)