Re: [DML] New MultiVex Mirrors for the DeLorean! (Was Extended Convex M

Re: [DML] New MultiVex Mirrors for the DeLorean! (Was Extended Convex Mirrors are GONE)

Nice to see another mirror product available.  What size fits the
DeLorean?

I think Patrick showed alot of class by waiting to post this until
Tom's were sold out.

I will say, however and no offense to Patrick, if you rather support
another DeLorean owner who has worked so hard to bring extended
convex mirrors to us, please consider putting in an order to buy
Tom's and get another run of 15 going.  I bought his and went the
full monte and wired it up with the heating option.  I now use the
side mirrors as I can see what's behind me!  The heaters make water
disappear right away.  They were quite fogged over yesterday a.m.
but as soon as I started the car it only took a minute or two for
them to be prefectly clear.

If you want your car to have great side vision AND have the heater
option it was supposed to have, consider supporting another run of
Tom's. Yes, I am biased and will make no excuses.  I totally
appreciate the incredible work Tom did single handedly in convincing
a mirror company to produce these for our cars.  It was a leap of
faith on his part to invest in this and I'm glad the community has
embraced them buy selling out several runs.

Choice is always great, don't get me wrong. It looks like Multivex
is a fine product.  Again, thanks to Patrick for showing respect for
another member's hard work.  It would have been far to easy to post
his comment earlier and submarine Tom's efforts.

Tom Watkins

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Patrick Conlon <PRC1216@...> wrote:

> Now that Tom's inventory is gone, I figured I would post up another
> alternative for upgraded DeLorean mirrors.  At our DCO driving
tour,
> I noticed a set of really nice mirrors on Tom Wilke's car.  The
> company that produces them is named MultiVex and has been in
business
> for years.  Their website is www.multivexmirror.com.   I got my set
> for $70 shipped, and the beauty of these mirrors is that they stick
> right on top of the existing mirror glass for a quick installation.
> They are made of glass and are semi-transparent (i.e. if you wanted
> to incorporate an LED turn signal behind the glass, it would shine
> through).
>
> I'll try to get some pictures this weekend of what the view looks
> like in these mirrors.  They seem to be popular with the Lotus
Elise
> groups as well as the Mini groups.
>
> -Patrick C.
> VIN 1880