[DML] Holiday Parade in New Jersey 12/2/06 - Save the Date!

[DML] Holiday Parade in New Jersey 12/2/06 - Save the Date!

Save the Date!  Two months from today on December 2nd is the Holiday
Parade here in NJ.  The parade is held annually in Ship Bottom, NJ
located on Long Beach Island.  The Deloreans have become almost a
fixture in the event.  The parade will be televised locally, so
hopefully we will again have a nice pack of Deloreans traveling the
parade route.  We should also have cars coming from NY and PA and
maybe more.  The parade takes place in the middle of the day, so
even for those not close by it can easily be a one day trip.  Most
people who come simply come for the day.  In the past some owners
from out of state have come in the the night before the parade and
stayed in Atlantic City, which is relatively close by.  Rates are
much cheaper in December in Atlantic City, and for those who haven't
been there recently theres a lot to see and do.  Plenty of new
outlets and stores to do your Holiday Shopping as well.  There are
also several choices locally for those that may want to come in a
day early.  Anyone interested in coming in the night before just
drop me an email and maybe we will plan something informal for
Friday night, either here or in Atlantic City.  In any event here
are the details for the parade.

The parade starts at 1pm.  However line up starts early since there
are a lot of participants.  For those who have attended before the
plan will be pretty much the same.  We will meet up Saturday
December 2nd between 10:30am and 11:00am at the CVS Pharmacy in Ship
Bottom.  The CVS is near the entrance to Long Beach Island as you
come over the last bridge.  It will be on your left, behind the
Quarter Deck Motel which is at the base of the last bridge, so stay
in your left lane as you come on to LBI.   At around 11:00am we will
head over to the line up area.  The line up area is only three
blocks to the north of the CVS on 6th street.  Bring your Family
Band radios and have them on Channel 12.  We will also have them on
at the lineup area close to the CVS.   We should be through the
parade route by 2:30pm.  We will then head to an informal late lunch
(or early dinner) which we should be done with by around 4pm. Those
are the preliminary details.  If you haven't already and are
planning to come, drop me an email so we can get an idea of how many
to expect.  Feel free to email me with any other questions.

Here is a link to the town of Ship Bottom's web site.  The parade
information is on their "Calendar of Events" page.

http://www.shipbottom.org/

Gary Gore
Vin 3360
New Jersey