Re: [DML] Purflux xref

I also looked in to this a few months back.  I was
trying to find a WIX filer, but never completed my
project.

What I did learn is the LS410C has *NO* bypass, and
*NO* anti-drain back.  It is essentially a straight
hydraulic filter.

Since then, I have been told (someone can correct me
if I am wrong) that the PRV has no internal bypass
valve.  Keeping that in mind, the LS410C is there for
a BAD choice for our engines because it has no safety
mechanism.

Wix makes a good quality filter, and they are
reasonably priced.  They also sell under the NAPA GOLD
brand name.  One of these days I will continue that
research (unless someone else wants to).

--- Soma576@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> Since the Purflux filters have been harder to come
> by lately, I have been
> searching for a top quality filter with the same
> dimensions and specs as the
> LS410C.  I believe I have found a Mann filter that
> meets all of the  criteria,
> but I don't know what the bypass valve opening
> pressure is on the  Purflux.  Or
> does the PRV have an internal valve?  The Mann is
> within  one millimeter on
> the width and height, has the same threads, and has
> the anti  drainback valve.
>
> I know some vendors are now selling the USA-made
> Bosch filters  but I am
> looking around to see if anything else as good as
> the Purflux is  available.  I
> frequent some oil and lube newsgroups and most
> people on  there seem to think
> the domestic Bosch filters are a step-down from a
> Purflux.  Apparently the
> German-made Bosch filters are better.  I also  need
> a filter that won't
> necessitate any adaptors and will not interfere with
> my  headers.
>
> So, what has everyone else been using?
>
> Andy
>
> Fargo, ND