Re: [DML] Stock Speakers: (WasTo Cut or Not to Cut)

Re: [DML] Stock Speakers: (WasTo Cut or Not to Cut)

Due to the contortion factor, I found this to be one of the worst
tasks I've attempted on my D in the year-and-a-half I've had it.
Getting in-and-out of the tight spaces holding a flashlight in my
aching jaw, dropping the nuts in my eyes more than once and having
to get wriggle back out from under the dash to find them, etc., was
pure agony.  A pair of safety glasses with lights would be worth
considering...

The speakers themselves were no problem... I bought a pair of Bosch
3.5's for $30 at Fry's Electronics. They had just a very slight
center dome protrusion.  They'll handle 40 watts or so. I just
didn't crank 'em down hard when reinstalling and haven't noticed any
rattling or dash problems.

Fortunately, since then, John Spangler came up with a relatively
painless way to accomplish the speaker replacement task using a
little glue and a mirror. Check out his front speaker project at
johnspangler.com and plan before you work!  Your back will thank
you.

Marv
#10820
AZ-D

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nick Kemp" <nkemp@...> wrote:

>  When I replaced the fronts, rather than fit spacers, I installed
two new
> rivnuts & bolted the speakers in.  Very easy ... if you are a
contortionist.

> Nick

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional