Re: [DML] To Cut or Not to Cut..Front Dash for Radio

Re: [DML] To Cut or Not to Cut..Front Dash for Radio

I agree Dave!  I wrestled with it for a long time, but got tired of the vibration from the old  (cracked) speakers, finally had the front ones replaced, had a cd changer and XM radio put in, all un-doable should I go back to stock mode, retaining stock radio, and will soon tackle replacing the rear speakers.  Many thanks to you guys who put the how-to online for that process!.  It is a huge difference in sound just replacing the front speakers!

  Barry Hartman
  #10597

David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Not only is the origional radio lousey as far as sound quality but the
speakers were horrible too. And that was 25 years ago. Now they are
cracked, hard, and age damaged. Any radio upgrade MUST include
replacement of the speakers. I opted to leave the origional radio but
I did replace the speakers. It made a world of difference.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Patrick Conlon <PRC1216@...> wrote:

> I agree. Replace the old stereo. The Craig is a pretty bad radio
> compared to what is available nowadays.
>
> I haven't regretted replacing mine!
> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239767/10
>
> -Patrick C.