[DML] Re: To Cut or Not to Cut..Front Dash for Radio

[DML] Re: To Cut or Not to Cut..Front Dash for Radio

I cut mine to accept the later style radio/receiver frames and,
although it looks fine and works fine, it was a lousy job and is not
nearly as strong as it should be - you have to use the rear brace or
it will not work at all to support a radio/receiver of any substance.
I can work with metal too and I have the right tools but, the result
is nothing like the proper support. If I had to do it over again I
would go for the new center piece frame.

It is a job that can create all kinds of problems if you do it in the
car - from the metal cuttings and eventual shavings or filings you
will have when you "finish" the job. The vibrations will also blow all
of the bulbs in the console if you leave them in.

>From what I have seen the new console pieces need some sort of tape
finish or painting - that I would do before I put it in.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "marv2020" <marv2020@...> wrote:

> I can't make a decision; will I really greatly depreciate my
Delorean by cutting into the dash and replacing the Craig Radio?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)