[DML] Re: Peter Chant... the fella responsible for our epoxy?

[DML] Re: Peter Chant... the fella responsible for our epoxy?

Well you wanted proof,please read below,or read the whole story at
the link below.Actually I was wrong on one part it was 26mph Not 30
mph!

http://www.lotusespritworld.co.uk/EHistory/DeLorean.html

or  http://tinyurl.com/yxxmqf

10th paragraph down,

     Lotus were most unhappy about it all, not merely because the
prototype's roadholding and general rigidity were not helped by the
big cut-outs in the shell dictated by the gull-wing doors, but also
because of the safety limitations. Their own vast experience of both
glassfibre-based bodies and backbone chassis-frames led them to
surmise that in its original guise the DeLorean would fare very badly
indeed in a barrier crash test. Very shortly Grumman ? the US
aerospace concern ? were invited in by DeLorean to analyse the
structure on their most sophisticated computers; they did so and
predicted that the rear-mounted engine and gearbox would catch up
with the occupants in the front footwells in a 26mph crash test!

Also that is my previously owned Delorean that I rebuilt back in 1988
vin 16686 in the color photos!

Hope that helps.

CBL

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...>
wrote:

> Just where did you get these test results from? As far as I can tell
> there were various unspecified "technical" problems that could  not
be worked out in time for production. My guess is that when DMC went to
> Lotus, Colin Chapmin wanted to go with a sub-system they knew
> intimately and they had a lot of experience with the steel frame in
> the shape that they used on the Delorean. If you can document your
> "REAL" reason then it might have some credibility, otherwise my
guess is as good as yours.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: