[DML] Re: Peter Chant... the fella responsible for our epoxy?

[DML] Re: Peter Chant... the fella responsible for our epoxy?

Just where did you get these test results from? As far as I can tell
there were various unspecified "technical" problems that could  not be
worked out in time for production. My guess is that when DMC went to
Lotus, Colin Chapmin wanted to go with a sub-system they knew
intimately and they had a lot of experience with the steel frame in
the shape that they used on the Delorean. If you can document your
"REAL" reason then it might have some credibility, otherwise my guess
is as good as yours.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, CBL302 <cbl302@...> wrote:

> Harold,
>
> The REAL reason that ERM the(Elastic Reservoir Molding) or "Plastic
Sandwich" was not used was that the engineers found that in a less
than 30 mph rear end collusion,the rear drive-train,would become the
front drive-train,meaning that the occupant's,would become/be wearing
the drive-train,the reason that the VARI (Vacuum Assisted Resin
Injected)process was used in conjunction with a full frame was,to give
the Delorean the needed rigidity so that, the Black body worked in
conjunction with the double Y frame,to give the needed strength to
resist major damage in a 30mph rear collusion.Had the Delorean been
built with the ERM process,it would have become THE most dangerous car
to be in, surpassing the Ford Pinto,and Mal Bricklin's Subaru 360.

>   Hope that Helps,
>   CBL

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional