[DML] AC Mode Switch Blowing FUSE #10...HELP!!

[DML] AC Mode Switch Blowing FUSE #10...HELP!!

I removed my AC/Climate mode switch to rebuild it for
hissing sounds coming when the switch is in the vent
position.  But now after I put it all back together, I
am constantly blowing 20amp Fuse #10, along with the
hissing sound!!!

By the time I got the switch out from the 'wire
jungle' to rebuild it there were only 2 wire sets
still connected, the white/green wire pair and the
white/orange & red wire pair.  The copper connect tabs
of the switch were facing away from me when I was
removing it from the driver's side, so I wasn't
completely sure which copper tabs they were connected
to.  I got a color picture of the mode switch with the
wires connected from John Spangler (thanks John!) so I
am fairly certain that my switch was wired up the same
way as his, although mine was turned 180 degrees.

At first I had the fascia lamps shorting out against
the console frame blowing Fuse 10 as soon as I turned
the ignition key.  But after fixing that I get my
lamps to come on but when I turn the mode switch to
vent and try an run the fan, the fan comes on but a
few seconds later I hear a 'snap' sound from the
relay/fuse  section in the back and fuse 10 is blown
again.

I have caused fuse 10 to blow about 20 times now.
Have I possibly weakened a relay.  Do the car have to
be running before operating the ac mode switch to keep
from blowing Fuse 10?

I have a blurry version of the car's wiring diagram
and can't match up the wire pair colors with their
function!   Is the white/green pair for the AC??  What
is the white/orange & red pair for??  And what does
the single green wire go to?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!  Now I just want
to get back to the hissing sound of before without
Fuse #10 blowing!!!

Thanks!,
Mike

http://mail.yahoo.com