Re: [DML] Check my gizintas..

Hey Marc, that's great news!!! Any chance of some graphs?

As you know I've done a bit of tuning over here and I'm very sceptical
about hp figures generally. What counts are figures at the wheels, and
200hp at the wheels on a DeLorean is plenty quick. I've been more
involved lately with the Alpine community over here and that's a fast
car (with the same transmission, weight and layout as the DeLorean) and
rated at 200 hp at the flywheel. What's more a rolling road is measurng
accelleration of its rollers as a function of speed to measure the
power, so your car with higher ratios will accellerate faster than a
stock tranmission DeLorean with 200rwhp

Coincidentally I found myself re-reading this article on my favourite
website for cutting through the bulls**t. I think it'll amuse you too
and make you feel better!

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/setup01.htm

One thing I do know is the Alpine guys tend to account for 60hp loss in
a stock tranmission, rather than a percentage, and a unit loss rather
than a percentage loss makes sense to me - instinct here and no real
basis in fact!

Anyway, enjoy your car and all that power - Dan and I did (despite the
grumbling about the gearshift :-) We've got the 360hp Alpine GTA coming
back in this week, and I'm looking at buying a Nissan Skyline as well as
building my 3 litre turbo for the DeLorean. If only Renault would get a
move on and get me those pistons.....

Martin
#1458 donor 3 litre engine on the stand stripped and ready for turbo
pistons....
#4426 gone to new home, now funding crazy engine projects

Marc Levy wrote:

> I went to the Maryland Dyno day yesterday with 6068.
> It was my intention to keep the results private, but
> it became obvious to me that it was not possible
> considering the way the shop was laid out.
>
> First, I would like to thank Bernie for organizing the
> event, and Tiffany (and her family) for the amazing
> afternoon BBQ.
>
> For those at the event, I am sure my disappointment
> with the dyno results was obvious. (heck, I am known
> for "wearing my heart on my sleeve", and it applies to
> most emotions) However, on the long ride home I had
> time to think about the results.

> Recent Activity
>
>    *
>        5
>       New Members
>       <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmNjRqY2JiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExNTQzMjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjAwMTI2MjE1BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzExNjAzNDQ5ODA->
>    *
>        9
>       New Photos
>       <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/spnew;_ylc=X3oDMTJmNW1kYmhsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExNTQzMjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjAwMTI2MjE1BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZwaG90BHN0aW1lAzExNjAzNDQ5ODA->
>
> Visit Your Group
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYmFyNjhwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExNTQzMjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjAwMTI2MjE1BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTE2MDM0NDk4MA-->
>
> New Message Search
>
> Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the
> improved message search.
>
> Share feedback on the new changes to Groups
>
> .

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: