[DML] DML makeover?

No offense Mike, but not "EVERYBODY" agrees it was the
right thing to do.  People who do not like the
web-based forum would not be on your new group to say
so.  Me, for example.  I was somewhat active on the
DOC Mailing list, but have yet to visit the new
Forum...  Simply because I prefer mailing lists.

There are some good web-based DMC forums.  I go over
to DMCTALK.COM every once in a while, but I tend to
only read selective threads..  Typically, when someone
sends it to me in e-mail and says "check this out",
and it is almost always in their "off topic" area.

DMCHELP I am told is also web-based.  The options are
out there, yet the DML seems to have the most traffic
of the alternatives.  Frankly, I think that speaks
well to the preference of the members.

Even the once active "DMC Forum" Yahoo group has had
record low traffic the past 2 months after the current
leadership gave it a "makeover" and destroyed the
freedom of speech Walt founded it on..

The DML works. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

--- Mike Bosworth <mike.bosworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Firstly i need to mention that i helped to move the
> DOC UK forum
> over from Yahoo to our PHP based forum and since
> that time EVERYBODY
> is in agreement that this was the right thing to do.
<SNIP>

http://mail.yahoo.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional