[DML] Re:Vin 10003 M Sold to Ma.

Well just sold my 10003 Manual, Vin grey, Grey interior, Flat hood,
original Nct Tires, build date Dec.1981. to John in Acton, Ma the
car is to be shipped from Michigan where it has spent it's life so
far, the car has 6,080 miles on it Original ( I put 180 miles on it
testing it out.) I was the 3rd owner as the court messed up the
title 3 time 1st saying it was a Kit car as the person that did the
title work never heard of a Delorean She assumed it was a kit car
(ASS U ME), then they fixed that & put it in to the Lawyer's name
instead of mine & now my name so anyway, welcome to the Delorean
Community John Sorry for all the unexpected delays I hope you enjoy
it & hope to meet you at the DCS 2008 in Gettysburg Pa.(
www.deloreancarshow.com )

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "James Espey" <james@...> wrote:

> Does the dash VIN plate have holes for pop-rivets, and it's just
glued
> on? If so, that's a sign that the dash was changed at some point,
and
> they forgot to install the VIN plate before putting it in the car,
and
> it was just glued on. If this is the case, you will probably NOT
find
> holes in the dash itself.
>
> If the VIN plate has no holes, then the next thing to do would be
> remove it and see if there are holes in the dash. The only dash VIN
> plates I have seen without holes are the 15XXX and 16XXX series. I
> can't recall how the 17XXX cars are, though I have one in the shop
now
> I will look at Monday.
>
> James
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Phil Priestley <phil@> wrote:
> >

> > Maybe James or someone can answer this question.
> >
> > Do you have any idea why my VIN plate on #2105 would be glued
on
> > rather than riveted on like one would expect? I still have the
> > original windshield  with the antennae in it and the vin code
under
> > the head liner matches.  I was wondering about this the last
time
> > this discussion came up and never got around to asking.
> >

> > Phil Priestley
> >
> > Vin 2105 (with a glued on vin plate)
> > IN FLUX

<*> Your email settings: