[DML] DMOCO.com - being squashed by the man?

[DML] DMOCO.com - being squashed by the man?

Hi

I can take a good guess... Steven Wynn of DMC Houston is playing god again
:) I'm sure that he is threatening him just like he's threatening me. I have
received a letter from him stating that I have to remove anything from my
website that has the DMC logo on it. As an example was a picture of my
shifter ball that is not even available for sale. I guess this will end up
in court as I will not remove any pictures of the DMC logo from my website.
One reason for that is because the shifter ball is not even for
sale, second  reason is that their logo is not the same as the original
DeLorean logo, third reason is that they are not loosing any business even
if I have the shifter balls for sale again. He is threatening DeLorean fans
that are making small runs (almost hand made) of small parts that are nice
additions to their cars and not as corporate profits but for friends and
other fellow owners. I would understand if Wal-Mart would start selling
T-shirts with the logo on it by millions without their permission... but not
this.
What's next? Will Steven Wynn order everyone to take the DMC logo off of
their cars because it belongs to him? One thing is protecting their company
another thing is just trying to be tough on someone wanting to add something
to the community.. In this case he is not protecting his company...
I will scan the letter I have received from Steven and I will post it on my
website soon. I will let everyone see how it is to deal with DMC Houston.
Speaking of which, don't you guys have anything better to do? Like fixing
the cars?
I just hope that Steven will not try to call me again. Last conversation we
had was when he called me after a number of parts were stolen from my car at
the Jag Shop in FL and I send a letter demanding the parts were returned.
The kind of language I've heard from him then is something I wish to not
hear again.

BTW, The shifter balls are coming back soon! If you thought that the first
one was nice, wait till you see what's coming ;)

I still have a few sets of mirrors available. They are being produced right
now and should start shipping out soon.

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
Google earth: 52°25'17.30"N 21° 1'58.00"E
dmctom@xxxxxxxxx
www.deloreana.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional