[DML] Re: The Delorean lifestyle

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: I suggest folks speak on behalf of themselves on this thread rather than generalizing to others' experience. Experiences will vary wildly and one person's experience may or may not be remotely similar to someone else's. Followup posts that assert what someone else's experience should be (rather than cite personal experiences) will be dumped.]

Exactly, I agree 100%.  It's a great car, but you'll notice some
people here let emotion rule their thought process instead of
reality.  It's still a 25 year old car.  Some people have suggested
it's just as reliable as a Lexus or Camry, which is just a
ridiculous premise.  A review of the postings on this and other
forums is proof of that.  The most commonly used word when working
on the car is probably "Huh??" as you come across something that
doesn't make sense, and you have to post on the internet to figure
it out.  And remember, these problems come up on a car that's mostly
driven 5,000 or less a year, imagine the problems if they all were
daily drivers like a Camry, the vendors wouldn't be able to keep up
with the parts and service demand.  Now of course someone will
always say "well mine's a daily driver and is fine!!!", and then
make the argument they're all like that, which is a pretty flawed
analysis and flies in the face of reality.  If someone had a life
and death medical emergency, and had a Delorean and a 2004 Camry
sitting in the driveway, and had to drive 60 miles to the hospital,
which would people take??  I know I know, someone is going to post
back and say "THE DELOREAN!!!", out of emotion or because they spend
25 hours a week working on it.  Most people just put gas in a Camry
and go, no work involved.  Again, you'll see that people will take
offense to this, but shouldn't, it's a cool, great car with a varied
and interesting history, but they won't accept reality that it's 25
years old and needs more upkeep because of it, and has more problems.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Baker" <kenbaker1265@...> wrote:

> WHY?????? are you people so hostile? GEEZ, owning a collectable
car should be enjoyable. You people seem to be mad at the world or
something to prove a point. These cars are 25 years old. Some are
going to be great and some well be disasters. I'll tell you, if I
asked this group if I should by a DeLorean before buying one, I
would not. I am proud to own my car. Im glad I bought it. When
things go wrong, I understand that we are not dealing with a new
Camry, we are dealing with an older car. You people seem to be
taking this forum personally. This is about a car and the lifestyle
that surrounds the car not your own egos or gripes, get over
yourselves!

> There is my 3 cents!
>
> Ken Baker
> Boca Raton, Florida