[DML] Re: The Delorean lifestyle

In my 1 year of ownership experience, Ive recieved 99% positive
reactions from people.  Pulling into a gas station is often fun b/c
of people staring and admiring the car.... especially since your
putting gas in the front!  Just make sure you know all your stuff so
you can answer those tough questions.  Ive had several occations
where people yell from the street like "hey marty mcfly" or "back to
the future yeah!" stuff like that. I think most of the smartass
jokes are told when they walk away and talk to there freinds.  Thats
why I try to educate them as much as possible while I have there
attention.

In my mind, a refurb from Texas is probably the best possible choice
you could make if you have the funds.  Having all new and NOS parts
plus the warrenty... its hard to go wrong.   I did not have the
funds so I found a well maintained car locally (luckily).  My car
has been really realiable... only preventative maintenance and a few
age related problems to date.

I inusre my car through state farm, but last time I talked them them
they stopped taking on new delorean accounts.  Many people go
through www.hagerty.com who specializes in collectable cars.

My situation sounds similar to yours... im married w/ 0 kids (and
not planning on any in the near future).  I grew up w/ Back to the
Future and thats what started my facination with the Delorean.  I do
not drive mine dailey though as my work is 30 min away downtown
area, small parking spaces.  I just drive it on sunny days, ice-
cream, weekends, cars shows etc.  I would definitely recomend a
backup vehicle if you're using it as a daily driver.

Hope this helps!  If you want more details on my $$ experience feel
free to email me privately at trentjus@xxxxxxxxx