Re: [DML] Re: Wheel Balancing Damage

Most Discount Tire shops use the GSP-9700 however they will also
over torque your wheels while re-mounting to the car.  Unfortunately
it's an insurance requirement.  They cannot use 50 to 60 ft lbs.
More like 150ft lbs.  It doesn't seem to ruin the lug nuts but
would make changing a flat difficult.

This unit also needs to be re-calibrated every day and to be
honest it should be done more often.

To get the most from the GSP-9700 it should be re-calibrated by a tech
who knows what he is doing.  Jarring the unit just from regular daily use
can and most likely will cause an error in balancing.  The tires should
be road stressed by the machine and then balanced.

If your new tires fail the road stress test they should be replaced with ones
that can pass and then balanced.  Lot's of tire shops use this unit so if you
can get there in the morning and use it right after it is properly setup you'll
get the best balance possible.

Once smaller tires like the DeLorean has are well balanced it rides like
a dream.

as always, just my opinion.

Mike Atkinson
vin 16232