Re: [DML] Re: Converting a Delorean to Right Hand Drive for Australia

Re: [DML] Re: Converting a Delorean to Right Hand Drive for Australia

I disagree..

How many miles did I put on Tinny in a little over a
week?  I think it was about 2000.

Driving on the correct side of the car (left), but the
wrong side of the road (left) was not so bad..  But I
did not enjoy trying to look right when pulling on to
a traffic circle (roundabout).  Good thing I had a
passenger who I quickly trained to yell "clear" when
it was safe to go.  I knew she would pay attention,
because if we got hit it would have been on her side
of the car.

What was scary was being on the right side of the car
(passenger) while driving on the left..  Even though
Dan and Martin are "spirited" drivers, I am used to it
when oncoming traffic is on the other side of the car,
and there is actually enough space for 2 cars to pass
each other!  I think Dan made me turn white on one of
my rides in his car.

As for tolls, I got a laugh when the passenger handed
me the money for the first toll we hit.  I looked at
her and asked, "what would you like me to do with
this?".  It took her a second to realize she had to
pay the toll!

Almost as funny as watching all of the Brit drivers
accidentally go to the right side of the car when they
get in their DeLoreans.

Why convert the car? It adds to the uniqueness of it.
On the rare occasion I see a LHD car in the USA, I
think to myself "cool!".  Saw an old LHD cooper the
other day.

--- Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://mail.yahoo.com