[DML] Re: Not passing emissions

Matt,

What about that oil in the tubes below the air intake valve... You
have two tubes. As you look at the engine from the rear of the
car... One going to the left and one going to the right directly
below where your air goes in. (John S took a picture of it). The one
on the right had oil in it. Could that be a problem?

Sean

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "M. P. Olans" <mpolans@...> wrote:

> So far I passed all of that,
>      However, I have a high idle situation that I didn't think was
> relevant and now, well, I am grasping at straws.  If I push the
switch
> with a screw driver it will return to below 800, but when I let
off it
> rises to about 1150.  I've tried adjusting the screw on the arm
> attached by a shaft to the throttle spool that pushes that switch
but
> it just does not see to go far enough to actuate the switch.
There is
> a small amount of play on that arm, too.  Could the switch be bad
and
> too hard for the screw to push?  Is something out of adjustment?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
> VIN 16816
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@>
wrote:

> > Make sure the timing is set right, and the vacuum advance is
hooked up
> > correctly and working. On the Island setup there is no mechanical
> > advance. Check for vacuum leaks. You may have to adjust the
mixture
> > but do not do it to compensate for vacuum leaks. They have to be
fixed
> > first. Pull the output pipes from the turbos to the intake
manifold
> > and if the insides are oily you have to have the leaky turbo
rebuilt.
> > You may need to replace the silicone hoses and clamps on the
Island
> > turbo plumbing. They MUST not leak. Check the control hoses too.
Any
> > leaks will allow you to overboost. Pull the oil fill and you
should
> > not see any pressure coming out. You can hold a piece of paper
over
> > the opening to determine if air is coming out of the crankcase.
You