[DML] Autos/Turbos as daily drivers?

Hey List,

So it's time for me to come out of hiding and see what's going on in
the DeLorean world again. As many of you know I've owned 2 DeLoreans
in the past; the first one bit the dust because a drunk driver
plowed into me, and I had to sell the second one last November
because I hit a rough patch. The bug has never left me tho, in fact
it seems to keep growing worse every day! And I finally have a
career working for the Federal Reserve that will support my DeLorean
habit. Anyone want my fully loaded '01 Eclipse Spyder GT? Haha :-)

Here's my question, my last two DeLoreans were both grey interior 5-
speed cars. I want to mix things up this time around and get
something different. It seems most everyone I've been close friends
with in the DeLorean community has had a naturally aspirated 5-speed
car. I think for the sake of spicing things up this time around I'd
like either an automatic or turbo DeLorean. Anyone have experience
of driving either of these daily?

I've heard BAD things about automatic DeLoreans, that their
transmissions just aren't the best and they eventually all need a
multi-thousand dollar overhaul or replacement at some point in their
lives. Never really been around anyone who's had a turbo car for any
period to hear their horror stories either. Anyone have anything to
share about either the Island twin turbo setup or the BAE single
turbo cars? Are parts easy to obtain for them? My next DeLorean will
be my only car, so keep that in mind. Any thoughts on the subject
would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to drop me an email at Louie
(AT)DeLorean.com. Take care!

Louie Golden; Charlotte, NC
Sometimes DeLorean owner :-)