[DML] Revolting Dilemma

Living in a state where virtually everything is against the law is quite
interesting. When I bought my DeLorean 25 years ago someone in the state (
Minnesota ) registration office thought it cute to list it as a "special" on
the title. It didn't make any difference to me then and as the title arrived
weeks after purchasing the car I just let it go.  I've recently decided to
apply for personalized collector plates and thought it a good time to
correct the title. I received a letter today from one of the  persons on the
tax payers payroll who informed me that it appears the car in question is a
replica car and "in fact it can't be an original DeLorean because real cars
don't have seventeen digit VIN numbers." Fortunately I have all the paper
work from the original dealer purchase along with the original window
sticker. I've armed myself with several photos along with an enlarged photo
of the VIN plate and I'm actually looking forward to dueling with these
creeps tomorrow. Realistically  it's probably a good thing they don't just
let anyone call their car whatever they want but the VIN number thing rather
irked me. They could have politely asked for some further clarification but
then I'm not on the taxpayer's payroll so I guess I'm not versed in the
etiquette of dealing with those who pay your salary..

Bruce Benson
SCEDT26T2BD006938