Re: [DML] Turbo PRV

>The key for upgrading a PRV for Turbo is to go with
>stronger pistons/con rods.

Yes on the pistons, no on the rods. The Z7U (good for 280hp) has the
same conrods as all the other even fire PRVs and they're all forged. The
TT DeLorean is running three 24v conrods in it.

>The piston and rings are
>critical to handle the extra abuse a turbo will put on
>them

The Z7U has the topmost ring 0.5mm thicker. That's the only difference.
The pistons are very different.

>John Lane also has a lot of information on Hi-Po
>PRV's.  He would be a great resource if you are ready
>to spend some money.

Actually hie isn't, because he just replaced all the internals, and
claims unverified power outputs (has he ever actually put his car on a
dyno - go ask him). The PRV block and liners are very strong. The odd
fire crank is bomb proof, the even fire cranks are good for about 400hp,
making your own cams, pistons, rods etc is basically building a new
engine. I'm trying to avoid all this effort and going after the existing
turbo PRVs. Forget the internals - I've got that covered, donor engines
run to about £200 here but it's the ancillaries that are the killer!

>Reading through all of these old messages has me
>thinking.... Now, someone buy this kit from me quick
>before I change my mind and decide to build a turbo
>PRV!

Well, you've seen the one I did. And we have two more of those 2458cc
Alpine engines ready to go.......

Martin