Re: [DML] Re: Front end creaking & other odd noises...

Re: [DML] Re: Front end creaking & other odd noises...

Suspension fasteners should be tightened with the car fully settled
on all 4 wheels.  Bounce each corner a couple of times and push
the car back and forth so the bushings get settled before tightening
up everything.  Torque the fasteners to the specified limit, then drive
the car for a week or two and check them again.  Don't go for
the max torque right away - I like to go halfway on all of the
fasteners, then 3/4, then full.  That way everything gets snugged
up equally and the clamping stress builds gradually.

--
Mike

-------------- Original message from "Ed B." <mr.pants@xxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------