[DML] Re: Weight of stainless

Dani - 304 CRES has a density of 8.03 gm/cc, while soft steel (which
most car bodies would be made from) has a density of 7.87 gm/cc.
Other "normal" steels are around that same value.  What this means is
that 304 CRES is a tad bit (2%) heavier than carbon steel.  However, a
typical paint job weighs a bit too, so I think that it all comes out
about even.  FWIW - The paint job on a 747-400 weighs about 800 ~ 900
pounds.  I hope this helps.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com