Re: [DML] Re: scam alert - suspicious reply to my DML ad

Re: [DML] Re: scam alert - suspicious reply to my DML ad

Woah woah woah, hold on please - that's the sort of comment that can be
taken wrongly. The UK is a big target for fraud because it's the second
biggest on-line market in the world after the US. It is NOT the cource
of all this fraud, but payments being bounced around the globe is part
of the fraud "game". Our credit card fraud protection is now ahead of
the US (with PIN numbers on everything now in the UK and across
continental Europe).

Advertising anything for sale attracts the fraudsters. I'm an ebay
regular and have had to relist a few times because of dodgy bids coming
out of Nigeria - which is a hotbed for fraud because of some peculiar
banking laws (don't quite remember the details).

Anyway, I just wanted to clarify "our" position, seeing as there are a
lot of DeLorean owners in the UK and a large percentage of owners have
imported cars privately from the US. The potential for future purchases
might be put at risk if the UK is labelled as a source of scams.

The defense rests :-)

Martin
DMCL