[DML] Re: scam alert - suspicious reply to my DML ad

[DML] Re: scam alert - suspicious reply to my DML ad

Ah yes, "Maxwell Howe" actually called me while trying to sell my D
last week.  I have a ton of pics and info online, so I was only a
little suspicious when he didn't ask much about the car
(http://wisermotors.com/delorean.htm for you real potential
buyers).  He only said he'd pay by PayPal which also made me less
suspicious.  But, then he said his "agent" would be coming
to "inspect and make any repairs" and wanted my home address "very
urgently".  I told him to give me his agent's phone number and I'd
talk directly - no "agent" makes repairs upon pickup of a used car.

To my surprise, he did send a phone number - for someone in the UK.
I found online that the UK is the other big scamming location along
with Nigeria.  And, both he and the UK guy had Yahoo.com email
addresses.  I never called the number and at least "Maxwell" has
left me alone as I asked.  I suppose had I stayed on his hook, he
would have converted me over to paying by check at some point.  I
was nervous that his scam revolved around hijacking my PayPal
account, so I changed the email address in it completely.

Guess my D will be going on eBay in a month or two? Hey ? how about
I offer free shipping to Nigeria ? today only!  Anyone?

Mike

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jan van de Wouw" <janvdwouw@...>