Re: [DML] Cooling fan light choice (Was Re: Fanzilla Failure???)

I don't think I came across as disparaging John or his products. As stated previously I just prefer the light to function as designed. I have the receipts from over $15,000 in parts and repairs that Grady did to the car when Ken owned it. Everything has always been first class and I would not trust anyone but Rob or Tony (DMC Florida), or myself to work on my car. I appreciate all John has done for the Delorean community and have looked at buying several of his products although I have not done so yet. DMC Florida is only an hour from me, has many parts in stock, and I have great respect for Tony's opinion. Being all the parts in question were purchased and installed by Rob, I just feel I should call him and see what he suggests before making a decision. The only real experience I have had with Johns parts was a set of rear shocks that may or may not still be on another South Florida car. Anyone who was at DMC Florida's grand opening probably saw them. I was not impressed with the way they were modified to fit and stated so at the time. I understand there may be bad blood between some of the vendors but my decisions are made strictly based on price, features and functionality.

Steve

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tell you if you ask.
  To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 2:46 PM
  Subject: [DML] Cooling fan light choice (Was Re: Fanzilla Failure???)

  Obviously ever since John introduced these fan fix boxes, operation
  of the "cooling fan failure" light has become a matter of personal
  taste.
[--]
  I'm not shill for any vendor but I see a lot of negative comments
  towards Hervey's products these days that aren't necessarily
  engineering related but are more of a personal nature. Lest we
  forget, John has posted hundreds of tech tips and photos on his
  website long before DMCHelp.com came along, and whether you agree
  with his parts sourcing or not, his prices have helped moderate
  prices in the DeLorean parts market.

  Before I ramble, my point is this: If you don't like his stuff,
  fine. Don't buy it. If you sell a product that you think is better,
  simply state the specifications and let the consumer decide. No need
  to get personal or derisive.

  I base my purchases on technical specification, not on some vendor's
  opinion on the idiocy of another vendor's product.

  Rich A.