Joe Cool (Was: RE: [DML] Fanzilla - Breaker bypass modification question

Joe Cool (Was: RE: [DML] Fanzilla - Breaker bypass modification question)

Luke and list:

Bypassing the breaker is a safe and logical thing to do as long as you
replace the circuit protection provided by the breaker.

When I first developed the "Joe Cool" fan controller the first two units I
made used the breaker. After those units I changed the design to bypass the
breaker entirely. The benefits of this include no possibility of that
breaker opening at an inconvenient time thereby disabling both fans
temporarily. It also eliminates a few "ohmic" connections at the relay
sockets which reduces the possibility of poor connections there.

The no longer available Fanzilla and the currently available "Joe Cool"
units have internal fuses for the fans, so going without the breaker is
safe. Additional info on the Joe Cool is available in the "Joe Cool" foilder
in the files section of the DML, or by contactnig me via email.

-Joe Kuchan josephkuchan(AT)hotmail.com