[DML] muffler heatshield

Hello everyone,  Recently i put a dynomax muffler on my car.  My question is,  just exactly how important is the heatshield that goes between the muffler and engine.  The heatshield will fit, but if i use the factory brakets that hold it to the engine, its pushed against the muffler.  So my next question is just how much heat do u think that shield can take.  Since it would fit against the muffler i'm sure it gets hot.
      .

 Thanks,
                              Ed