[DML] Re: Die-Hard DMC-12 Enthusiast Seeking Your Support!

[DML] Re: Die-Hard DMC-12 Enthusiast Seeking Your Support!

Mark,

You don't want a project car unless you have lots of time, money, and
a garage to work on it.  I own 2 DeLoreans and they are constantly
fighting me with this that or the other, and the cars usually win the
first battle.  That's what happens with 25 year old cars.  Luckily
parts are available for the DeLorean, which is the only reason I own 2.

Do you have any mechanical skills, and understand 25 year old
technology?  A DeLorean is a great car, you seem to want to live the
dream, but are you ready for the cost of ownership of the dream?

If you have the skills and are willing to work on the car, you can
live the dream.  But I would not recommend a project car if you have
never re-built or restored another car.  If you really want a DeLorean
buy one that acutally is driven and in pretty good shape.  Cosmetics
can be fixed easily, the mechanical systems in the car can be a royal
pain in the you know what.  And if the frame is rusty you have an even
bigger issue.

Bernie
VINS 4045 and 6704

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mark McCoy" <markrmccoy@...> wrote:

> My name is Mark McCoy, and for just about as long as I can remember
> I've been a fan of the DMC-12.  BTTF was just a footnote to the car's
> incredible legacy.

<SNIP>