Re: [DML] Re: Stainless Frame Features

Hello all

Since the topic of design features was brought up I have to ask about the
quality. Brian, did the quality of the welds improve recently? I had a
chance to see one of your frames in Memphis in 2002 and then another one
bought from you some time after that show and I have to say that the quality
of the welds on those two frames was terrible to say the least. I'm not
trying to offend anyone but by looking at those two frames I was under the
impression that whoever did it had absolutely no experience in welding
stainless steel. I personally would not feel safe driving a car with such
poorly welded frame. A professional welder said, after looking at one of
your frames, that the only way to fix it would be to just grind all the
welds off and start over...
For the price I would expect a lot more...
Your front lower control arms on the other hand are a thing of beauty and
the welds are top notch. Why isn't the frame even close to that?
I even took some pictures of the welds on the frame that was in Memphis, it
was scary
I hope you have this issue resolved now. A frame falling apart from bad
welds would be really bad... Let's just hope it never happens.

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
Google earth: 52°25'17.30"N 21° 1'58.00"E
tomciodmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.deloreana.com