[DML] Re: So...who won the raffle car???

[DML] Re: So...who won the raffle car???

I would just like to add a few things regarding Marty Lick winning
the 2006 Raffle DeLorean.  Although everything that Marty had
mentioned is true, he neglected to add some of the "bad stuff"
that can happen when owning a 20+ year old car.

Marty has had a challenging two years with his DeLorean, on a
technical/mechanical level, including a replacement of the
automatic transmission and several other system replacements,
including one preventing participation in the St. Pat's Parade
in 2005, even though he had been staging/waiting with the group
for hours prior to the start.  When the parade started, his car
did not and although we tried several things and delayed our
start, we had to eventually leave Marty and his DeLorean behind.

As Marty mentioned, this past few months have been much better
for him, including "getting back on the horse" and participating
in the St. Pat's Day Parade again this year and getting some air
time for himself, his DeLorean and our local DeLorean club.

Congrats again to Marty and a big thanks to all the members of
the DeLorean Midwest Connection club for all their efforts to
help make DCS 2006 the biggest and best DCS to date.  While I
agree with Randall Brown that more club participation can make
the show even better, I think his choice of words in his speech
about how clubs need to START helping out Ken was a poor choice
of words.  From the the Friday Tour, to Registration assistance,
to the helpful sheets for local car washes, parts stores, etc.
to the Early DeLorean Seminar on Thursday and the Chicago Cruise
on Sunday, the local DMC club DID make the difference in 2006.

Thanks again to everyone who attended and to all who helped out.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mlick27" <mlick27@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Some of you know me and some of you don't.  I'm Marty, and I won the
> raffle car at the DeLorean Car Show.  I'd just like to give those of
> you who don't know me a little background.  I've been on the DML
since
> 1998.  I've mostly  been a lurker with only a few posts mostly
because
> I'm usually a few days behind in reading it, and by the time I have
> anything to say, so many other knowledgable folks have chimed in.
I'm