RE: [DML] West Coast DCS? -Was: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?

RE: [DML] West Coast DCS? -Was: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?

  Since I got mentioned a few times reguarding West Coast events, I
thought I'd speak up.

Ken K was a big help to me when I put on a West Coast show in 2001. We
had 100 people, about 27 DeLoreans, 17 Bricklins and 7 Mercedes 300SL
Gullwings. That was a great turnout considering the event was only 2
weeks after 911!

I don't want to give any dates or details at this time, but, right now
the Western local clubs are working together to put on a proper event
next year. We were rather surprised at the DOA announcement, but after
several long talks I expect they will also be included in what we're
planning. We've not said anything because we want to get the venue
signed -on paper- to lock the location and dates. It does no good to
announce that you're 'intending' on putting on a car show and then have
things get pulled out from under you. That's why I was unable to
assemble an event in 2003. Once we're locked in (and that will be
soon!), the DML members will be the first to know.

To see images from the 2001 show, see:
http://www.ncdmc.org/carshow/2001wrapup.htm

If you have ideas or questions, contact me or Randal Brown of the AZ
club.

Ken (M)'West Coast Ken'

Ken Montgomery, Sacramento CA - VIN #10911 'OUTTIME' & VIN 05794
http://www.time-traveler.org/delorean/
mailto:kenm@xxxxxxxx
President, Northern California DeLorean Motor Club
http://www.ncdmc.org
http://www.dmcnews.com mailto:directory@xxxxxxxxxxx