[DML] Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?

[DML] Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?

Very well said Cliff!

A lot of people don't realize what it takes to put on a show. Ken has always said
that this is "our show" and has asked for your (being everyone's) involvement. In
the past Ken has had plenty of volunteers, but also plenty of people who fink out
at the last minute. So it remains that 2% of the people do 100% of the work while
the others are too busy putting "reserved" pieces of paper on the dinners tables
over 3 hours before the actual dinner. (Sorry a little pet peeve of mine).

For the next show things are hopefully going to change. Thanks to Ken asking
Randal Brown to head up a commitee to get the various DMC clubs to help run the
show to take the load of of Ken & his family. Yes we need ideas but more
importantly we need DOers, who will do more than just come up with ideas for the
other 2% to do. If you have ideas and want to act on those ideas then bring them
to the table. Start asking yourself "what can I do to help" instead of "what's in
it for me".
(This is directed at no one individual, but to all DCS attenders)
I'm sure you will be hearing more from Randal in future posts about DCS08 and
club involvement.

And again, THANK YOU Cliff (and sons) for all of your work, spending your own
money on gas, trailers, tolls) - transporting the museum, sound equipment,
Randal's 3M goodies,  running the sound-video, & I'm sure more work that I am
unaware of -  to make this show what it was.

Shannon Y
16506

---------------------------------

10d. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
    Posted by: "Cliff Schmucker" cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx cliff_schmucker
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:55 pm (PDT)

Robert,

my sons and I just got back with our two trucks and trailers (mainly
full of DCS equipment) after finishing loading up today at noon

Ken is presently stuck on the side of I-65 with one of his trucks and
trailers - his other truck and trailer just made it back

one of the issues you have to consider is logistics - for Ken's
show's, there is a tremendous amount of equipment to transport - it is
simply not economically feasible to rent all the necessary items, and
have them delivered and set up by an exhibition company for a show
that is done on a shoe-string budget