[DML] My first post...

Hi All,

	Well this is my first post to the DML, and after going to
Eurofest 2006 I figured it was time that I introduced myself. My
name is Andrew Cove, and if you were at Eurofest, you would probably
know me as one of the trio from the Bahamas. I have been a lurker on
the list for some time now, and I read the posts almost religously.
	I'm actually overwhelmed even now as I type this post, The
main reason for me to come to this side of the world at this time
was to goto Eurofest 2006 and finally see one in person. Being in
such a small place like the Bahamas makes it difficult to find such
rare cars as the DMC - 12. There is 2 known ones in Nassau (the
capital) but I have never seen them. One is rumoured to be in very
poor shape though.
	Well on the first night of the show, part of the dream came
true for me, Alistair McCain's PILOT 25 was the first Delorean that
I saw in the flesh, and that view of just the open doors above
everyones heads has been burned into my memory. That night was made
even more special by Alistair when he allowed me to sit in the
drivers seat. Personally, I would have bought one of these cars
without ever sitting in one, no questions asked. I even had my
sister and friend that were with me teasing that I would hate the
car after I got in. Well I'll tell you, THEY WERE WRONG!! Sitting in
that car sealed the deal for me, and as soon as the money is
secured, I shall be buying my own Delorean.
	Now I could never thank or mention everyone for everything
that happened during the show, partially because it would be a long
list, and partially because my memory isn't that good, at least at
remembering names. But they're were a couple I'd like to thank:
Cliff from Northern Ireland for letting me be a passenger in his
Delorean on the day of the time trials. Claire from England for
letting me be a passenger on the day of sightseeing. Paul, Alistair,
and Thomas for carrying myself and my friend Cameron to the test
track on the Monday after the show. There was a little mishap with
the bus service that lead to me not getting from the Helicopter to
the Track, but Robert Lamrock sorted it out for us. I must thank
Thomas, because he was the brave one of the lot to allow myself and
Cameron to drive his delorean around the test track. I glanced at
him on my first round and he looked like a ghost, so I made sure not
to go fast. He's got more guts then I think I would have in that
situation!! Also like to thank Martin and the crew of Delorean Motor
Cars LTD for the night on the town in Belfast. A great bunch of
people.
	Course I cant forget Robert for putting on such a great
show. I can imagine him hibernating for a couple weeks after such an
effort! Absolutely wonderful experience. Also I'd like to thank him
for sorting out our trip to the track. Above and beyond the call of
duty.
	And while I've thanked all these people, I think I forgot
one, The man himself, John Z. De Lorean, I thank him for his vision,
his car, and this wonderful group of people. I find it wonderful
that he built a car that brings so many interesting and friendly
people together. May he rest in peace.
	Please forgive me if I forgot to mention you, I really have
been blown away by this whole experience!
	Well I guess today is the last day of the Delorean Car Show
2006, and I hope everything has gone off without a hitch.
Unfortunately I could not attend for I'm still in England. I hope
Videobob and Tamir has been recording everything allowable, I would
definatly be in line for one of those dvd sets.
	I wish everyone good luck in the contests, and good luck in
the raffle car draw. ;) I did get round to buying those tickets Ken.

Andrew C.
VIN # TBA
"Always Dream Stainless"