[DML] Guru Needed.

I think I need a real guru for this one.. I am not one.
I have been working on trying to get my car to idle at 775 rpms for
a long time (when I have spare time which is rare).  It idles at
about 1000-1100 rpm.
This is what I have done.
1.) checked for vacumn leaks.
2.) paid someone else to check for vacumn leaks.
3.) changed the thermo-sensor for the cold idle circuit.
4.) checked that idle micro-switch is not stuck and is adjusted
properly and workds.
5.) swapped out ECU with my other delorean which idles properly.
6.) swapped out idle speed regulator(the can thing) with my other
delorean.
7.) Unhooked ECU on low idle micro-switch side (for cold engine
control). (this made no difference)
8.) Unhooked ECU on idle control side. (this made it idle even
higher, (about 1500).
9.) Unhooked idle regulator, (the can)
OK, none of this helped me as far as I can tell but then I decided
to look at the Diode.
It all looks like the original circuit but the diode appears to be
facing the wrong direction.. (though it coincides with the
connectors which won't allow it to fit the opposite direction)
The diode is facing to allow current to go towards the ECU but all
the circuits say it should allow current to go to the micro-switch.

I'm not to smart but I am an electrical engineer and I can read the
schematics though I've not worked a lot on these Deloreans to know
how they really should operate.. It looks to me like my Diode is
hooked up backwards.. But... it looks like factory wiring.. Ok, my
troubleshooting mind is thinking while I write this letter.  I'm
going to look at the Diode on my other Delorean (the turbo)  I'm
back... The other (941) Delorean has a diode pointed the other
direction (the correct direction)  They both appear to be factory
wired and exactly in the same place.  I'm now thinking that #4984
was wired wrong at the factory.  Has anybody encountered such a
problem?  Perhaps we should include this solution with all the
people who complain that their Delorean idles a little high but they
can't find anything wrong. (like.. make sure the diode is pointed
the right direction)   Not sure really but I am sure that it's wired
backwards.  Unfortunately I believe most of our Delorean community
are not Electrical Engineers or Electronics technicians and they are
not apt to understand the wiring diagrams other than perhaps to
locate the parts.  Anyway.. Now I have wire it the other way.