[DML] Re: Broken Louver- I almost cried

In a message dated 6/5/2006 5:40:20 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Message:  5
Date: Sun Jun 4, 2006 3:15 pm (PDT)
From:  "cupsdmc" cupsdmc@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Broken Louver- I almost cried

I had a crack in my rear louver and I thought I had corrected it  with
some 2 part epoxy a few months ago.  Yesterday I went to close  the rear
louver and I gently pushed down with both hands and "SNAP" the  whole
thing broke completely in half and I stood there with half of the
louvers in my shaking hands.  Has anyone ever repaired this type of
break?  I'm gonna try a body shop on Monday to see if they can fix  it.
Please let me know if I am wasting my time on fixing it or  should I
just bite the bullet and buy a new one?  This would happen  to me just
weeks before leaving for the DCS.  Any words of wisdom  would be
welcomed.

Vin 11572

Cups (or anyone else in need of a Sunshade/Louver -

I put on a brand new set recently at DMC Florida and I still have the old
one here, haven't bothered yet to re-list it on e-bay after it failed to sell a
few months ago.  Picked up some minor damage during Hurricane Wilma last
year.  Has one large visible crack on one underside central support rib,  and
several near-invisible hairline cracks on adjacent support ribs, all easily
repairable.  I'd take $200 plus shipping costs for it rather than bother  with
e-bay again, and if you're local to South Florida, you could even come pick  it
up yourself to save on shipping costs.  Anyone who's interested, let me  know.
By the way, the damage is small enough that you could put it right  onto the
car now, drive it to DCS, and fix the cracks for good whenever you are  able.
I'll be leaving soon to drive north for DCS myself soon, so if you  want it
before the show, get with me right away.

Dan Harris - VIN# 1662 - FL Tag# MY 81DMC

*****WhoCruiser@xxxxxxx is Dan  Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: _http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)
Read  about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: _http://www.scificruise.com_