[DML] Fuel Spill Problem

Hi list,

  Potential trouble with 17076 surfaced last night after her first show & shine debut.

  This is only the second time I have filled her up with gas and on this occassion a crowd of about 8 to 10 had gathered to watch. Suddenly one of the onloookers on the passenger side shouted.. "Hey, you're leaking gas!"

  The pump had not automatically shut off as they are supposed to do when the tank nears the top, but no fuel at all was in the gas intake and none -- not a single drop -- had overflowed into the trunk or even the tiny "overspill containment area" around the intake.

  Either 2 things have happened.. Either I have a hole in the top of my gas tank or the Delorean has some sort of overflow protection in the gas pipe leading up to the trunk intake.

  It was a substantial spill and fortunately some onlookers helped push the car forward. When I started the car (seat belt off and door open) the fuel gauge read above the 4/4 mark. Drove around to burn off fuel and get below the 4/4 and parked the car. Not a drop on the pavement.

  Any thoughts? Has this happened to anyone else?

  Parts Pit Mike