[DML] Re: Fan Fix - New Solution

  In my opinion, one of the best solutions we ever had to the Delorean
cooling fan problems was FanZilla. And anyone who was lucky enough to get one when
they were available will probably agree. Unfortunately, Fanzilla has not been
available for many years (and NO, mine is Not for sale)
   Well, I may be a little early with this info, but we've had a club member,
who is also an electrical engineer, working on this for a couple of years now
and he has designed and built what might be considered a next generation type
cooling fan unit. It's NOT a copy of FZ, it's his own version/solution to our
cooling fan problems, but it is a simple, self contained, plug and play type
setup that works great and is very cool, to say the least.
   For about the last six months some of our club members have been running a few
prototype versions of this unit on their cars to get some real world testing
and feedback, and the results have been great. I think the Delorean community
once again will have a well designed, engineered and produced unit that will be
available to us as a solution to our cooling fan problems.
   Production of these units is currently in process and a test/review
article of this new product is in the current issue of Gullwing Magazine (which
should be out in the next week). This new product will be on display and available
for sale at the upcoming Delorean Car Show in Chicago in just a few weeks. I
don't know if pre-orders are going to be accepted, but I do know the quantity
of available units at the show will be somewhat limited.
   Up until now, the design, building and testing of these units has been
kept very low key, to make sure everything is going to perform and work as
intended. And the goal has always been to introduce this new unit at the Chicago car
show, which is what is going to happen. With the current conversations on the
DML about problems with currently available units going on, I just wanted to
let everyone on the list know they only need to wait a few more weeks to once
again be able to obtain a well designed and built solution to an all too
common Delorean problem.

   Marty